The holidays will be here before you know it, and it’s important that you’re prepared for everything that the season has to throw your way. One of the things that you should start to think about is how you’re going to clean up after you’re done with all of your holiday decorations at the end of the season.
One of the most difficult things to clean up after the holidays is live greenery. If you have a Christmas tree or a wreath, chances are that you will have a challenging time trying to remove it from your home without leaving a trail of sap and pine needles in its wake. Thankfully, there are several things that you can do to ensure a seamless cleanup process this season. Read on for some helpful tips from a carpet cleaning company in South Amboy, NJ.
Removing live greenery step by step
To remove your tree and other live greenery safely, it’s important that you follow a few basic steps. Try not to rush the process, and make sure you have enough time set aside to do this the right way. The more prepared you are, the less likely you are to be left with a big mess when everything is said and done:
- Take lights and decorations down carefully: The first thing you should do when you’re cleaning up your tree is remove all of your lights and ornaments. Take the time to store these decorations properly so that they’re ready to go when you need them next year.
- Wrap up your tree before moving it: You can use a tree bag or a bed sheet to wrap your tree before you carry it outside. Wrapping your tree will make the process much easier and less messy.
- Remove tree boughs: You might want to remove some of your tree boughs inside if your tree is particularly big. You can use pruning shears to remove boughs and collect them in a large bucket.
- Sweep up needles: You might be tempted to take your vacuum cleaner to leftover needles, but this isn’t always an effective clean up method, and it may even damage your vacuum. Instead, sweep your needles up with a broom. On rugs and carpet, you can lift stray needles using the sticky side of a strip of duct tape.
- Check for sap: After you’ve completely removed your tree from your home, look around for signs of sap stains. You can try to remove small sap stains with a wash cloth and some rubbing alcohol, but it’s a good idea to get help from a professional carpet cleaning company in South Amboy, NJ for those bigger, more stubborn stains.
Contact a carpet cleaning company in South Amboy, NJ
If you need a little extra help cleaning up after the holidays, you can get the assistance you’re looking for from the team at Lov ‘N Kare Carpet Center. Our team has been providing comprehensive carpet, rug and upholstery cleaning services to our customers since 1948, and we continue to deliver outstanding results. Regardless of what specific concerns you have, you can rest assured that you will receive the best service possible from our team.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning Company
This post was written by Writer