The holiday season is an exciting time of the year for many people. You get to spend quality time with family and friends, exchange gifts and enjoy cooking some of your favorite traditional recipes. Unfortunately, all of this celebration is often accompanied by some messes. Whether one of your guests spills some eggnog on your couch or your Christmas tree drips sap onto your carpet, chances are you will need to clean up some stains and spills this season. Read on to find out more about the most common holiday stains and how carpet cleaning in South Amboy, NJ can help you get rid of them:
- Beverages: Any time you entertain guests, you run the risk of sustaining a few spills. Coffee, wine, hot cocoa and other holiday beverages may be tipped over and stain your rugs, carpeting or furniture.
- Tree sap: If you have any type of live greenery in your home this holiday season, whether it’s a Christmas tree or a live wreath, you might have to deal with tree sap. This sticky substance can leave a residue on carpets and furniture that attracts dirt and debris.
- Wax: Candles can create a fantastic atmosphere in your home during the holidays, but they can also drip wax. In addition to the waxy residue left by candles, dyed wax can also leave deep stains behind.
- Food: Gravy, cranberry sauce and cooking oil can stain carpets and furniture if spilled. It’s important to get these things cleaned up as soon as possible to avoid permanent staining and damage.
- Soot: Nothing is quite as cozy as sitting beside a roaring fire, but your fireplace might also contribute to some messes during the holidays. Soot and ash may be tracked around by guests and can cause dark staining on your carpet and rugs.
Cleaning up after the holidays
While different stains require different removal methods, there are a few basic things that you can try doing to lift your stain before attempting anything too extreme. If it’s a wax spill or other solidified stain, try using the back of a butter knife to gently scrape the spot away. If it’s a liquid spill, use a dry cloth or paper towels to gently blot the stain. It’s important to be cautious when you’re lifting a stain so that you don’t inadvertently rub the stain into the fibers of your carpet, rug or upholstery.
If you aren’t able to lift the stain using these basic methods, you should consider getting help from a professional. They will be able to remove the stain using professional products and techniques. Investing in professional rug, upholstery and carpet cleaning in South Amboy, NJ can keep your home looking great throughout the holiday season, even after all of your parties.
Schedule carpet cleaning in South Amboy, NJ
If you think you may need a little extra help cleaning up after those holiday parties, reach out to Lov ‘N Kare Carpet Center. We are a locally owned and operated carpet, rug and upholstery cleaner with 70 years of experience providing outstanding service to our customers. Our team can stubborn holiday stains and get your carpets, rugs and upholstery looking like new again. Give us a call today for a free service estimate or to schedule some post-holiday carpet cleaning!
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by Writer