Depending on the color of your carpet, you might not necessarily be able to tell when it is filled with debris. This means that unless you are aware of certain other signs, you might not know when it’s time to get your carpets cleaned, as you cannot be completely sure of the amount of dirt embedded in the fibers.
Just because you do not have visual verification of dirtiness, however, doesn’t mean you should shirk your carpet cleaning duties. Too often people ignore carpet cleaning, which leads to carpets getting dirtier and actually needing to be replaced rather than simply cleaned.
Here are a few signs you need to seek out professional carpet cleaning in South Amboy, NJ:
- Your allergies are acting up in your home: If your allergies are worse than normal and this phenomenon is confined to your home, there’s a chance your carpet has become a trap for allergens. Dust mites, pollen, dander and more can all become trapped in carpeting and lower the overall air quality of your home. This leads to more allergies and asthma attacks.
- You notice a strange smell: A strange smell could indicate mold growth or something else underneath your carpeting. This is especially true if you have felt dampness in the carpet, or know a particular area has gotten wet at some point. While it’s natural for dirt and sweat to seep into your carpet, it should never make your home smell bad, so you need to get this looked at by a carpet cleaner.
- The carpet appears dull: Carpets all go through wear and tear, but they should never look significantly older than they are because of discoloration or fraying. Professional cleanings can extend the life of your carpet and completely refresh their appearance so they can keep looking great for many years to come.
- You recently had water or smoke damage: In some cases, the best course of action to take after such damage is to throw out the carpet and replace it. However, there are certainly situations in which the carpet can be saved through professional cleaning. You will first want to make sure there is no hidden damage underneath the carpet, such as the presence of mold. If everything looks clear, then you can proceed with the cleaning.
- You haven’t had your carpets cleaned in a while: Think of professional carpet cleanings as being similar to an oil change in your vehicle. Carpets should be professionally cleaned every year or so just so they can stay in tip-top shape. If you have pets or children, cleaning the carpets even more often can be beneficial to ensure the carpet stays in prime condition for longer.
Carpet cleaning can be a key task to help keep your home looking great and your carpets in excellent condition. For more information about the services we provide, contact us today at Lov ‘N Kare Carpet Center and we will be happy to talk to you about carpet cleaning in South Amboy, NJ.
Categorised in: Carpet Cleaning
This post was written by admin