A familiar complaint with carpet cleaning in South Amboy, NJ is the residue left behind once the job is complete. This often leads to soaked carpets that take hours to dry (if not days) and a stench that overwhelms your home. Sometimes, it can even promote mold growth, which can wreak havoc in households with allergy sufferers. At Love ‘N Kare Carpet Center, we use hot water extraction to minimize residue and leave your carpet truly clean. Here are five ways this works out:
- Good planning: Every cleaning job starts with examining your carpet and determining the best cleaning approach. We assess your carpet based on type and amount of soil. During this process, we see which areas need to be pretreated and assess how much cleanser the carpet will absorb. This keeps us from using too much cleanser, which could end up as residue in your carpet.
- Vacuuming: Sometimes, a good vacuuming is all you need for dirt and allergens. We use higher-powered vacuums than the consumer models you keep at home. Even if the vacuum does not pick up all the dirt, it still loosens it up to make for easier cleaning. When we can remove dirt efficiently, that also prevents overusing carpet cleanser that could complicate rinsing and drying.
- Pre-treatments: There are two pre-treatments before we start cleaning your carpet. One is spot treatment for those areas where your pet had accidents or a guest spilled red wine during that holiday party last winter. We also pre-treat areas with high traffic since they attract not only dirt but also pollens and molds. Once we finish spot treatments, we run a carpet groomer or rotary cleaning machine to pre-groom the carpet and loosen soil and stains.
- Using water: The primary means of cleaning carpet is hot water extraction. This uses steam to clean carpet, and it is the most effective means of removing stains and dirt. Since it uses water, you may have a wet carpet when we are done, but no cleanser residue. Hot water extraction also includes a thorough rinse phase, so spot treatment and shampoos do not linger when we are finished. It is impossible to remove all residue with carpet cleaning, but using water is the best way to minimize it.
- Thorough drying: The drying process is important for decreasing residue, preventing mold and avoiding that “wet dog” smell that often follows low quality carpet cleaning services. After we rinse your carpet, we use a combination of heat and pressure to dry it. The pressure brings water and residue to the surface and the heat helps it dissipate. Your carpet may be a little moist once we are finished, but you will not have to wait days for it to dry completely!
For carpet cleaning in South Amboy, NJ, call the experts at Lov ‘N Kare Carpet Center today to schedule an estimate. We look forward to helping you extend the life of your carpet and protect your investment!
Categorised in: Carpet
This post was written by Writer