Outdoor furniture is great for providing a comfortable place to lounge and enjoy some fresh air while reading a book, entertaining guests or spending quality time with family. Unfortunately, outdoor furniture cushions often get dirty over time because they are exposed to environmental conditions. The good news is that cleaning outdoor cushions in South Amboy, NJ can be very effective when it’s done right. Keep reading to learn about the best ways to keep your outdoor cushions clean.
How to clean outdoor cushions
Using the right techniques can make all the difference when it comes to cleaning outdoor cushions. Here are some of the best and most effective ways to keep outdoor cushions clean in South Amboy, NJ:
- Use the right cleaning solution: For the best cleaning results, make sure to start with the right cleaning solution. There are plenty of commercial cleaning products on the market for cleaning outdoor cushions in South Amboy, NJ, but DIY cleaning solutions can be very effective, too. Make a solution out of a mixture of bleach, lukewarm water and gentle soap. Use a ratio of one quarter cup of soap and one cup of bleach per gallon of water.
- Gather the right materials: To deep clean outdoor cushions, gather a clean sponge or cloth and a bucket for mixing your cleaning solution. It’s also a good idea to get a scrub brush to get rid of stains and gunk on the cushions and zippers.
- Rinse the cushions: Before going in with your cleaning solution, rinse all the cushions off with a garden hose to wash away any loose debris or grime. This will prep the surface for cleaning and make it easier to target staining and discoloration without any debris getting in the way.
- Apply the solution to the cushion: Next, apply the cleaning solution to the cushion using a clean sponge or cloth. Dip the sponge or cloth in the solution and apply it all over the cushion while scrubbing it in. Scrub thoroughly, but use gentle pressure to avoid tearing the cushion fabric.
- Let the solution sit: After scrubbing all the cushions, let them sit for about 10 minutes to give the cleaning solution a chance to soak in. Waiting before rinsing the solution is a great way to maximize the effectiveness of the cleaning solution and ensure a deep clean.
- Rinse: Next, rinse the cushions thoroughly using a garden hose. Make sure to get rid of any soapy residue that’s left over after cleaning.
- Let your cushions dry: Finally, it’s time to let the cushions air dry. Make sure to set the cushions out on a dry day and set them on their sides for the quickest drying. It’s also best to place the cushions with the zipper side down for faster drying.
Professional furniture cleaning
For professional help cleaning outdoor cushions in South Amboy, NJ, reach out to Lov ‘N Kare Carpet Center. We offer comprehensive cleaning services, including professional furniture cleaning, to keep all the surfaces in your home looking their best. As a locally owned and operated company, we are dedicated to the quality of our services and the satisfaction of our customers. Find out more about everything we have to offer and get your furniture looking brand new by giving our experts a call today.
Categorised in: Upholstery Cleaning
This post was written by Writer