Daily vacuuming or sweeping is a good way to maintain your flooring, but certain types of hard flooring can really benefit from waxing every so often. Waxing is a floor finishing technique that calls for a clear or colored wax—beeswax, carnauba wax or a blend of solvents and synthetic waxes. A thin layer of wax is applied, then buffed away to reveal a shine. Once the solvents in the wax evaporate, the wax hardens into a beautiful, protective seal.
First, you have to select the right type of wax product for your particular flooring material. (If you have a no-wax floor or floors with a urethane finish, then you’ll want to treat them with a water-based silicone polish instead of wax.) The two basic types of floor wax finishes are liquid waxes and solid paste waxes. Liquid waxes are easy to apply, and ideal for linoleum floors and unfinished cork or timber surfaces. Solid paste waxes require more time to apply than liquid wax, but they last longer and provide a deeper shine.
So, what does waxing floors do for your South Amboy, NJ home or business? Let’s take a look at some of the benefits:
- Stain resistance: The wax seal increases stain resistance by limiting the absorption rate of spills. This keeps your floors from staining. However, you should still do your best to clean up spills on waxed surfaces immediately.
- Extends floor lifespan: When properly applied, wax will create a nice durable layer over the top of your floors. The increased hardiness of waxed floors can prolong their lifespan. These floors, if regularly maintained, have the potential to last years longer than unwaxed floors.
- Hides minor imperfections: A good wax job can fade or eliminate the appearance of small imperfections, like minor scratches, scuff marks and dings. Additionally, wax has a knack for diminishing the appearance of grooves and pits in hardwood flooring.
- Protects underlying finishes: Wax is a floor’s first line of defense against dirt, dust and spills, because it keeps these substances from encroaching on underlying finishes. Oil, for instance, is one underlying finish that could potentially last longer.
- Increases beauty: Vacuuming and wet cleaning your floors keeps surfaces clean, but a clear wax is what creates a shiny look and glossier feel. Colored wax does the same, plus providing a beautiful tint.
- Looks professional: Professional establishments and many business environments—such as offices, hospitals, lawyer suites and restaurants—are subjected to a lot of heavy foot traffic. But no matter how often you have your hard floor surfaces vacuumed or wet cleaned, nothing can shine them up like a quality wax application. Waxed floors can provide a more professional appearance, and an indication to clients and customers that you care about cleanliness.
Homeowners and business owners who wish to hire professionals for floor waxing services don’t have to look far. Now that you have a better idea of the benefits of waxing floors in South Amboy, NJ, pick up the phone and call Lov ‘N Kare Carpet Center. Our floor cleaning and waxing specialists are waiting to help you!
Categorised in: Floor Waxing
This post was written by Writer