Anyone with hardwood or vinyl flooring understands the importance of area rugs. In addition to looking great and adding a sense of style to the room, a nice rug helps create a warm and cozy feeling in your home. There’s only one downside to these rugs though: they tend to get dirty very easily and eventually start to look ragged.
It’s true that calling rug cleaning services in South Amboy, NJ can eliminate these ugly stains and preserve the life of your rug. But rug cleaning isn’t always the least expensive service, and it’s certainly not something you want to pay for regularly. The good news is that you can take care of your rug by following some helpful tips. Continue reading to learn some best practices for caring for your rug:
- Vacuum often: Just like with a carpeted room, your area rug should be vacuumed on a regular basis. Vacuuming pulls up dirt and debris, helping to ensure none of it gets ground in and causes permanent staining. Vacuuming also helps stimulate the fibers in the rug, keeping your rug looking fresh and new for years to come.
- Buy the right cleaning products: Going to the store and buying the cheapest rug cleaner will certainly save you a few bucks. However, in doing so, you’re playing with fire! Those products aren’t made for every type of rug, especially precious and expensive ones. Instead, talk to a cleaning professional about which rug cleaner is best for your rugs. Additionally, always test a new cleaner on the corner or a hidden area of your rug before using it to clean the whole thing.
- Use shaving cream: A spilled glass of wine or cup of juice can ruin a rug in the blink of an eye. For that reason, you’ve always got to be vigilant and clean up stains as soon as possible. One of the best ways to treat stains—even if they’re not fresh—is to use shaving cream. Lather your rug with a bit of shaving cream and let it sit on the stain. After a few minutes, remove the shaving cream with a damp rag, and that ugly spot should be gone.
- Try white vinegar: You’ve probably heard this one before, but white vinegar is practically a cure-all when it comes to rug cleaning. It removes stains, odors and even bacteria from rugs and carpeting. Just like with cleaning products, apply a little vinegar on the corner of your rug first to see how your rug reacts to the vinegar.
- Call a professional: Last, but certainly not least, hire an expert to clean your rugs! Professional cleaning will remove all of those nasty stains and give new life to your rugs. On top of that, a professional can clean all of your carpeting, too!
When you need to hire rug cleaning services in South Amboy, NJ, look no further than Lov ‘N Kare Carpet Center. In addition to fast and friendly service, we offer our services for some of the most competitive prices in town. Give us a call today to get a quote or to schedule a cleaning.
Categorised in: Rug Cleaning
This post was written by Writer